Sunday, February 5, 2023

Writing Discussion

 Microtheme Ideas 

    When starting to write just about anything, I like to sit down and brainstorm ideas that would seem relevant to me and to my audience. But, when I go and submit something, it is never always correct in its delivery. What I mean is that there is always something missing when it comes to writing about something I care about and/or making that subject resonate with audiences. 

Resonating with audiences is only half of what makes something good. The story or the paper has to have sustenance too. I think that is one of the main driving forces of the microtheme project. The other is making sure that the problem you are presenting affects those around you too. Something that people can relate to is important when the writer want to use pathos, ethos and/or logos in their writing. By using a subject that people can relate to and emotion or logic or ethics or a combination of the three, the writer can take the audience anywhere if they have them hooked. 

In essence, this project is about expressing ones view on a subject, but, leaving the subject open to different expressions/interpretations. Conclusions are a nice way to end a essay or a presentation. This is not a conclusion which, for me, is one of the hardest things to not write. I like to express my points and then wrap them up in a box; sending it on its way. But, with the microtheme project, one has to be open to further questions about their topic as all the point has been left up for interpretation. 




1 comment:

  1. Hello, Jack! I found what you wrote to be relatable. It was difficult writing the conclusion for Microtheme assignment considering it was an open-ended conclusion rather than a wrap-up. Yet, it allowed me to ponder my question further, which I found intriguing. I also found it difficult to include ethos, pathos, and logos in this project though, so I'm curious how you included those within your project?

    ReplyDelete

Writing Discussion

 Finding Inspiration     There is something so frustrating about sitting down in front of a piece of paper and...nothing. There is not a sin...