Sunday, January 22, 2023

The First Of Many

 All About Me


    Hello all, my name is Jack Covey and currently I am a freshman majoring in biological sciences. Most of what I wanted to say had already been said on the initial introductions. So, I want to take this time to elaborate on the subject I brought up there. 

  
Firstly, I wanted to explain one of the biggest things in my life; education. And because of the education I am reviving at North Central College, I am confident I can earn my masters and eventual PhD. College in it of itself is all about goals. Whether it is small or big, that is the main drive of college/most students. An example would be getting through the week with semi-good grades because you did not prepare well. or ending the semester on the deans list. Yes, everyone has the end goal of graduation and perhaps internships and a nice job; but with it is with these small goals for me at least, that I am able to be where I am and to be able to obtain the degree I wish to get. That degree is biology. Biology was not a career I wished to go on when I was younger (though I did think it was cool). However, once I got into high school, biology and science was the one subject that really just clicked for me (history was a close second). I really enjoyed getting to know life on earth because the essence if biology is the study of life. The sub-categories are just the size and time of that life. 

    Secondly, I want to explain more of my personal life. I think the biggest thing that dominated most of my younger years was tennis. I started playing tennis with my two older sister when I was around five. Then I quit after a year and a half of playing. Then, I picked up the racket again around nine because I started to get bored over the summer. Ever since then, I have loved the sport. Once I got into high school, I was on the jv team freshman and sophomore year and the varsity team junior and senior year. Freshman year, I played first doubles and my doubles partner and I won the conference championship. Sophomore year was cut short after about a week of play because of the pandemic. Junior year nothing interesting happened as we did not make it into the finals. But then senior year our team got second in state. Although I am currently not playing tennis at North Central, I do continue to play it recreationally. Thank you all for taking the time to read this and I hope we have a great semester of writing. 

                                                                                                                                    Jack Covey 

4 comments:

  1. You have a very cool story with Tennis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have played a sport for most of my childhood. I play soccer which is different from tennis, but tennis is a very interesting and exciting sport to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what you said about goals is very true. It is important to set goals because otherwise your effort and work can be misguided.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, I have a similar view of education as you. I am hopeful that this school will benefit me in the future. I have my major in management but I also have grown up running cross country. I remember my coaches saying the amount of running done in tennis is surprising.

    ReplyDelete

Writing Discussion

 Finding Inspiration     There is something so frustrating about sitting down in front of a piece of paper and...nothing. There is not a sin...